Old 07-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #81
whatsapp

Model: 8320
PIN: 20908742
Carrier: A&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondima View Post
Ok, yes for a lot of apps on the itouch/iPhone you have to pay $.99 or $1.99, but compared to Blackberry that's dirt cheap. A lot of the applications are free!!!! That's right free!!! Where as the apps that come out for the BB that are free typically suck!
well, as a developer of free apps for both iphone and blackberry i have to give you my perspective on why "free BB apps suck" as you put it

it all comes down to SDK, which are tools Apple and RIM give you to develop for their devices. when you develop for Apple, you get all their amazing UI features for free. in fact, you can even play with apple UI builder yourself using this website: iPhone Mockup

on the other hand, while RIM gives you really powerful features of the SDK to do things behind the scenes (crypto, calendar access, email/sms APIs, etc), their UI capabilities leave a lot to be desired. in fact, every time you have to do anything pretty in the UI, you have to do it yourself. now i understand why RIM has such a poor UI API, but that is still no excuse.
Offline   Reply With Quote