View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
JasonSamfield
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 3053D7B3
Carrier: Verizon

yes i know this about alt + back...on the storm you hold down the blackberry key...but this doesn't help me stop AIM from starting up every time i reset-restart my phone

no, the blackberry is a computer....it's the same thing...if you want me to explain the details to you i can, but it's the same thing...it has an operating system and i want better control over the elements running on my operating system....for instance, sometimes certain processes get caught in infinite loops or memory leaks occur...i want to kill those processes...how can i do that? can i get an app that will give me access to system calls of the OS that is essentially a CLI like cmd in windows? or has someone already done this and made an application that has task management features such as process kills or resource usage details such as memory hard faults and memory usage including delta changes and or the process ID numbers and or any other information that can help me determine the problem with my phone and why it is always going slow with only 4 or 5 things running at any given time....or how to solve the fact that my "application center" is apparently always running, but when i click to run it a second instance of the program (another duplicate process) is running that i can actually access versus the other one that is not possible to access or shutdown...

does any of this make sense?

i'm frustrated and i hope this doesn't sound like i'm angry at you...i'm just angry because i ask questions and i get simplistic answers that do not help...

people give solutions such as uninstall the program, or remove it, or pull your battery....but those are lame solutions if not even a solution...

like here is another question....how can you restart the blackberry without taking out the battery? and why would that feature not be included as a default in the phone even though the OS asks you to restart it occasionally when you reinstall a new program...

anyway, i came to this forum to find answers and all i get are responses that do not help...does anybody know where i can find someone to contact that works at RIM in the OS design and implementation department that i could actually have a conversation with and get some answers?
Offline   Reply With Quote