View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 05:11 PM   #10
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBAdmin
As another thought I bet this has an effect on BlackBerry Internet Mail as well where users will have changed the 'Sent From' address on their BlackBerry webmail interface. I can see emails potentially getting bounced back in these instances to, although you would think RIM would have mentioned this. Perhaps I'm mistaken!
It wouldn't. It only prevents users within an Exchange environment from sending as another user or service account or shared mailbox or whatever if that permission wasn't applied.

What doesn't make sense, in my opinion, is why we would set implicit 'Send As' permissions in Exchange at the Store level and it wouldn't be applicable to the individual accounts that reside within that Store. Leave it to Microsoft to put the same damn permissions in 10 different places.

I just wish that RIM would update their installation instructions at some point to make room for a different fix. This is a lot of work, in my opinion, for the casual administrator - especially on larger rollouts, this is HIGHLY unacceptable (no fault to RIM short of not relaying this to users MONTHS ago when they first wrote their KB article and coming up with an appropriate workaround/procedure change).