Old 05-18-2008, 03:22 AM   #13
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
Well, I think it all depends on what you intend on using the curve for. if you want free access to the GPS capability and you don't care about video or 3G, then go with one of the GSM carriers of the curve. if you want to be able to take video and you want the high speeds of 3G, then go with a CDMA version of the curve. presuming that all of the carriers provide decent service where you live, work, (and play of course, as they say), then look at the features of each and see which ones you would more rather have and which ones you wouldn't mind giving up. it's a trade-off. the 8330 curve (cdma version) seems to be an upgraded model and has more on board memory).

in the end...it's really just a trade-off matter concerning features.
This was not to be a carrier war post. As I stated ... IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE NEEDS OF THE CONSUMER. But ... since you want to turn this into a carrier war here is my feeling. For me, as someone who loves to keep up on technology, VZW is by far the worst carrier. So what if a device has slightly higher memory? The way I see it, the longer a device is out to market, the lower its value. And someone selling me an "older model with a slight addition" when the next generation is just around the corner for the SAME PRICE or more as the LAST generation sold a year ago gives me the feeling of being ripped off. FOR ME ... I want the new generation as it happens NOW, not a YEAR from now when someone says its okay for me to upgrade.

BUT ... this is just my personal feeling. Mine is no more correct than yours, and yours is no more correct than mine. I was simply stating in my previous post, differences in the two.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
PIN: 20FA40E8

Last edited by numetheus; 05-18-2008 at 03:31 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote