Old 10-27-2008, 12:39 AM   #20
BBFanboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFanboy View Post
Now with OS .162 and with heavy email useage I get about 55% battery remaining on the Bold, unplug at 7:30 am - plug back in at 12:30 night.

To define what I mean by heavy use; I get about 500 messages on a heavy day from monitored systems - plus 30-60 from people. With less than a hundred messages on a low use day I get around 70% battery remaining at the end of a day.

My 8800 was about the same. My wifes curve seems about the same.

I find that the number of messages you recieve really makes a huge difference. 1 hour of browsing seems to be the equivelant of about 100 emails.
Mixed news - I upgrade to .167 firmware yesterday. I was experiencing random freezes for the first time on .162 after a week of use, which stopped after a few hours. it likely was network related issue but I have never seen this before with a phone. So Upgraded to .167 to see if I get the same.

No more freezes, but also today afer 12 hours use now with approx 150 emails and moderate amount of browsing (30 minutes) I have 80% battery left.

Memory however is down to 16MB, but as long as it does not run out like it did with .126 I don't care how it uses cache.

This phone is still very much incomplete - just like the iPhone.