View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #23
gnowegroeg

Model: Z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Speakout (Rogers)
Default Re: Help - How to edit APN settings in Z10

dc/dc:
SpeakOut does not suck, it is quite reasonable ($0.1 for outgoing text, $0.25 per minute anytime call), top ups in all denominations are good for one year, balance is rolled over automatically, it runs on Rogers network. It also has many add-on & packages which are fairly priced compared to other Canadian prepaid services. Until this month, it was offering unlimited browsing for $10 a month. So, I think it serves a certain segment of cell users very well.

The fact that Android, IOS and W8 allow editing of APN username, password, MMS Proxy etc and BB10 does not, it is definitely an OS issue and BB knows it, they will have to address that quickly especially if they want to continue to sell unlock phones.

My understanding is the editing capabilities will be there in the next few releases but initially maybe only for the APN username and pw, not sure about the MMS related fields though. So, I gave up calling for support and just use the phone as is with wifi.

Lisa:
I hope you have better luck than me, if all fails and data is important to you, then Rogers PayGo is an option, I know it's data service works with my Z10 without any modification required (I tried with a friend's sim card). I also know my phone is unlocked because it can make calls using Rogers & Telus & Bell prepaid sim cards
Offline   Reply With Quote