View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
Phone Guy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: None
Carrier: AT&T
Default Really want to want the Bold over the Iphone vs2

Please Login to Remove!

I have been debating back and forth over the last few days about a decision to move from the iPhone v.1 to v.2 BUT really like some of the benefits of the BB stuff particularly the yet to be released BOLD. I used to work for Cingular (or whatever they call it now AT&T mobility) and used the 8700 solely. When I left I swore I wouldn't use anything other than just a regular phone but my tech side kicked in and I bought an iphone. Rather than try and hack someone elses iphone vs. bold thread I would rather ask my own since I have some specific needs / wants.

I love the internet on the iphone and that is the only main point for me, and I use itunes but don't 'have' to have it. Form factor is okay, hate the non "real" gps options, apps are cool but you can get 3rd party stuff for just about anything on a bb.

What draws me back to the bb is it's is an awesome device, great gps options, real keyboard, easier to type on, really durable and I think better call quality. I also like the ability for the bb devices to sync w/ Microsoft outlook. I don't care too much for the way itunes has to interfere w/ syncing my calander. My concern is that I would not be / prob. never will be on a BES again. Would it make sense to get the bb using BIS only, kinda seems like not using the bb for what it is? My biggest concern is the internet as I use about 40 to 60 megs / month (incl. a fair amount of email w/ attachments) which I don't think includes usage on wi-fi but using the internet so much is a product of the iphone being so good at it. I really only have to be able to read the news and weather. Also, this forums rocks over any iphone forum which is a point most folks don't give much weight.

Would I be terribly dissapointed w/ the bb over the iphone?

Last edited by Phone Guy; 09-25-2008 at 09:11 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote