View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 02:23 PM   #31
Pharma
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
Carrier: cingular

Hey not to be a jerk, but I would actually appreciate it if people would stop pming me for the policy.bin file. I have sent it to countless people and frankly I do not want to anymore. Most people are 1 posters who came here for that sole purpose. I mean if you contribute to the site then I don't have a problem with it, but not if you just want the policy removed. I hear from so many people that they left their company and want the policy removed, but let's face it, for the most part companies do not let personal blackberries on their BES so I do not believe 90% of the people.
As for people being able to have control or manage their own device, well if it has your company data on it, then guess what, that data is the companies intellectual property and not yours. Coming from a Pharma background, if sensitive data got into the wrong hands, that could cost a company dearly, including people's livelyhood. The average length of time from drug development to production is 12p-15 years at a cost of 400 million dollars. At conferences where there are countless sales reps with blackberries with all kinds of data from marketing to research, do you think there are people there that do not look to snatch a blackberry or laptop for that data. Well it happened to the company I used to work at, thank god are intrusion detection picked up the hacker (found a vpn password on a post in on someone's laptop and they tried accessing files on our network, but they didn't get anything. That could have been bad, real bad. So, I can respect one's opinion, but you have to look at the big picture. The policies are put on those blackberries for a reason. If you don't want the password, then get your own blackberry that you own and you can have all the security, or lack of that you want. That is just my .02 worth, but I can assurre you that there are a lot of people that share that opinion.

Need help? ...just ask