View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #3
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

There seems to be a mixed bag on this subject out there. Some companies allow it, some say no personal devices on the BES.

As for you actually doing it, it's pretty straightforward. As long as the person has called their carrier and changed their BB data plan to a BES plan, then you can activate them on the BES.

Before you do this, however, I strongly recommend you come up with a policy/form/whatever you want to call it about how you will or won't support these devices. Thing like:
  • Are you going to force these devices to have the same IT Policy as the other devices, including an enforced password?
  • Will you support their device if they need to upgrade the OS?
  • Will you support their device if they download a 3rd party application that causes issues with it?
  • When they leave the company, will you issue a 'wipe' command from from the BES to remove all company data?
You should really nail this down and make people sign it before you go this direction. Just my 2 cents.

Also give this a read - might be something else to share with your users:

What does BES see; what can be tracked/logged? - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection