View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
millardus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone

Many thanks for the replies lads

My involvement will be purely technical in that I am the Exchange\VM\SQL\ISA guys along with another 2 and we have designed and installed this large environment (50000 users +) over the past 8 months (Since I started). The powers that be want a BES service as added incentive to get all users from all currently seperate Email environments to migrate onto our central service (We are effectively an outsourced Email and collaboration service, but not really outsourced

Effectively I am being tasked with designing a BES solution and implementing it but I want to know more about the pitfalls that I may come across considering our environment, before I start to discuss the options with management.

Security and Privacy are massive concerns amongst our userbase so i am preparing myself for the questions I may get asked.

We want the Email functionality that BES allows over BIS from a security point of view (I.E shared credentials are frowned upon ala BIS I believe). It may be in my discussions that we will touch on the issues that having a personal BB on BES brings, and I want to be able to influence any policies we employ hence the questions.

I actually did think it would be complicated but I fear that the management will allow personal BES's to be connected

So, if we do go with BES and allow personal BB's to connect, I take it their could well be substantial admin overhead to contend with, unless we catgorically state we wont support handheld? In the latter case then, is it actually a practical solution to say we only provide a service, but not any handheld support?

Hopefully I'm not confusing things here, I'm kinda starting to confuse myself while reading up on this. The technical stuff isn't the issue, it's what service to offer that I find difficult because we have to be accomodating to get people onto our environment.
Offline   Reply With Quote