Old 05-31-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Joe1004
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z10
PIN: t of ale anyone?
Carrier: VZW
Default MAP with Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

This might belong in the bluetooth forum, but it is device specific, so I post here.

Does any have the ability to use MAP profile with a Verizon device? The much talked about addition of this profile was a good thing. Too bad it should just work. I believe Verizon is blocking access to it.

In MAP options within Bluetooth, you can select what services use it. However, the "New Message notifications" section has a red X on the right. The profile is also not listed as available with any device I have paired, even my Motorola H17 headset which boldy announces it will read you text. (Yes, it will, with the Motorola app).

I want it to work with Ford Sync in a 2011 Fusion. NO ONE seems to have the right answer. Is it Ford, RIM, or Verizon??

I will say this, the feature with Ford Sync works on phones where VZW actually lists "Message Access Profile" on the features of the phone, which seem to be limited to newer Motorola Android OS products and some old feature phones.

I am a diehard Blackberry user, but if things like this don't get rectified, I will bail out to Android. The waiting game for features and performance is just getting SO bad.