nobody7290
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: t-mobile Germany
Default Re: BIS - No Better Security than Web Based Mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by montevale View Post
So if I have a hosted excahnge with BES:
1. Would someone who is managing that hosted exchange still be able to see my emails
Yes

Quote:
2. Should I install PGP on my desktop to further secure all outgoing emails... and I'm assuming that then for sure the messages sitting on the exchange server would only be visible to someone with the PGP key only... not to any of the admins snooping around. (Plase no offence to the Admins here, this is simply a security issue as I have no idea who those people may be)
Yes

Quote:
2. if I install PGP on my desktop would I still be able to read my sent emails and replies on the blackbery? (I really do not want to buy a minimum of 10 licenses asked by PGP as a condition, PGP is aksing for over a grand for a min of 10 licenses)
No, you will not be able to read PGP encrypted emails unless you have a PGP client on the blackberry

Quote:
3. If I use outlook for web (instead of the full blown client) would I still be able to see the encrypted messages?
Cheers.
Yes, you will be able to see the encrypted messages, but you are not able to decipher them until you use PGP.
Offline   Reply With Quote