View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
dariusf

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question Tmobile- switching phone numbers on plans

Please Login to Remove!

Wondering what are the possible options for mixing phones and lines on the same plan. I have two line family plan. One is a regular line no longer under contract (line A) and the other is Blackberry with data plan with a 2 year contract with still about a year left (Line B). I want to switch my Blackberry phone to Android phone with data (mostly use the data tethered to my notebook when on the train). I have the family plan with 600min shared between the two plans and grandfathered BB data plan on line B for a total monthly cost of $50 for voice and $20 BB data on line B. What I want to do is somehow use an Android phone on the line B with data while maintaining the same phone number.

I can get Samsung Galaxy S 4G for $150 with 2 year contract on my line A. I understand I would have to add unlimited data service to that line for extra $35/m. If I were to do that is there a way to switch the phone numbers between the plans? (Line A uses BB 8100 phone so it could take advantage of the existing data plan).

Is there a way to switch the service from BB to normal line + data on the exiting line B thats still under contract even if I have to pay the extra $15/m losing my grandfathered in BB data plan? Without paying any penalty for breaking the contract? I can extend for another 2 years.

I guess in theory they could do about anything if I get the right person on the line? Anyone has any experience with this type of changes and any suggestions , advice?

Thanks
Darius
Offline   Reply With Quote