View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 06:55 PM   #3
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Quote:
RIM is trading at 10-15 times 2010 earnings. A few weeks ago, these same analysts thought that 30-35x was an appropriate figure. My, how times change.
Brilliant. And I thought it was the market crashing that was dropping trades down so low.

Quote:
But, sadly, that doesnxxx8217;t mean that it will be able to resist an opportunistic takeover offer from the likes of Microsoft (MSFT) et al.
MSFT? More like SMFH.

Quote:
The best positioned to do a deal is certainly Microsoft.
Yes, because they are known for stable, secure devices.

Quote:
The iPaq was almost as xxx8220;usefulxxx8221; as the Palm, and with no cell phone offering
Mine is still useful....at least I'm sure it would be if I could find it.

Quote:
Jim and Mike are adding more than 1 million additional subscribers each and every month.
Well, if there was ever a reason for a company to fear a buyout.....

Quote:
Nokia (NOK) is an oft rumoured bidder for RIM, but with a relatively modest market cap, a weak EPS multiple, and only $8 billion in cash, it couldnxxx8217;t get close to offering something of interest to shell-shocked RIM shareholders.
And?

Quote:
IBM has resources, of course, but the lack of interest in consumer products must ensure they sit on the sidelines of any RIM M&A party.
They are much too busy tanking the hosting of my company's SAP implementation.

Quote:
Round and round the horn one may go on this issue, but you alwayscome back to mighty Microsoft.
Yes, that's because I just had to reboot my PC again.

Quote:
To think that we investors thought RIM was xxx8220;cheapxxx8221; at $115/share just a few weeks ago.
It was. Now it's cheaper. Like EVERY OTHER stock right now. Get a clue.

Quote:
Disclosure: I own RIM.
If you mean the stock, it's RIMM. Get it right.