View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 02:38 PM   #12
Flight714
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

It's a tough call. I exchanged my Storm2 for a Droid, and the jury's still out. Eventually, the Droid will be a better phone (or Eris, for that matter), but it takes a bit more work to make it as usable as the 9550 is out of the box. I liked the Storm2 quite a bit, and email sync is so much easier on a Blackberry than on an Android. I did get my Yahoo mail synced, but it took some research and trial/error to make it happen.
I'm not a Moto fan by any means, the reason I went with the Droid was because it had the most promise due to it running 2.0 and having slightly better hardware than the Eris. The build quality is a little bit less than the 9550, which makes me nervous.
The browser is better, but not miles ahead of BB. What I don't understand is (and maybe I haven't figured out alternate ways of copy/paste) why I can copy/paste some text online and not others. So far the browser on the BB is still more practical, just not as flashy.
The one thing that I really like is the maps feature; the ease of use is amazing. I can press and hold on a map to get the address and move to the navigation mode with no trouble at all. The one caveat with it is that it's much easier to store locations on BB Maps.

Anyways. Yeah. I think that the phone will be much better as the months go by, but right now it's not a slam dunk over the BBs. I will say that if I have to go back to my Pearl for whatever reason, I'm not going to be too happy.
Offline   Reply With Quote