View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
sjcdmill

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Is there anyone that can bring up say the five largest points why RIM/Blackberry is so much better at enterprise security than Iphone's currently? I keep hearing that BB is better but no one goes in to the 'why' very far.

I have heard things like BB can support over 400 IT policies and I-phone's solution only supports 13.. Well my environment only uses one so that is ok.

Is there some fundemental encryption differences? If so what is it? Will it still take 10+ years to break the weaker encryption?

Is it possible to lock down "user initiated third party applications" on the I-phone? That obviously seems like a huge security hole. Nowadays I'm sure the average highschool kid can wright an app that secretly uses your corporate e-mail if it is present... Or, is there a reason this can't/wouldn't be done?

People also mention that BB/BES adds critical enterprise required regulatory compliance options that I phone does not? What is this? Is it just password policies because that appears to be an option. I realize the BES can record a lot of usage information including SMS logging but we don't use that at this time and I dont know if any regulatory body saying that I need to.

I am in the process of comparing these and I would love some input from the BB elite.

Oh, and sorry to add this on but is it safe to say android devices are in the exact same boat as Iphone devices? (activesync solution)

Thanks in advance!
Best Regards,

Last edited by sjcdmill; 08-19-2010 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: Append android question on the end
Offline   Reply With Quote