View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 09:49 AM   #57
TexasDenis

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko042
Also new to BB. I just got the 7130e and installed PocketMac 4.0 on my power book using Entourage 2004 and experiencing the same thing - with a twist. Some contacts duplicate while others do not. The duplicated are a mess of information - original, parts of orginal, and extra info repeated over and over from original. Then this is all copied onto my bb. It also tries to delete ALL of my calendar appointments/settings and I have to click 'restore all'.

Anyone know what to?!
Very late for this postings, but here is one solution I have found for the doubling of address book entries. What I found out was that the syncing was mis-mapping addresses. What was previously a home address started showing up as a business address on one sync (on my home Mac). Then when I re-sync'd my BB at work to Outlook, since the addresses were now in a different field on the BB, Outlook saw them as different entries and thus added a new one. I believe this could happen in any multiple computer situation - not just using Outlook on Windows. The problem comes from the setting in PocketMac that still assumes (on its face anyway) that you have to choose which address to sync - either home or work addresses. Buried in PocketMac's help, however, is an instruction that if you have a more recent BB that has multiple address capability you should set the "home vs work" selection to "work" and then it will sync all the addresses properly. NOT intuitive and I would have appreciated knowing that before my addresses doubled!
Offline   Reply With Quote