View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #4
Cc2iscooL

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Apps are deleted and must be reinstalled and it acts just like a first time install. The device is basically wiped clean. Think of it as a reformat and then the new OS is installed. Everything starts from square one. I don't think using the restore from backup will help either since apps must be reinstalled not restored. Could be wrong about that however.

Just one more reason to think twice before an OS upgrade.

I never recommend upgrading the OS unless there is functionality that you must have or the upgrade fixes a problem that you specifically have. If it isn't broken, there is no need to fix it.
Darnit, that sucks.

I'm one of those strange people that likes to keep his computer/phone/programs/etc up to date all the time so I guess I'm just weird.

Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulcamara View Post
My OTA upgrade with ATT did not erase anything. Part of the process was a screen or three saying "backing up ...".

All I lost was my personal scoreboard in PocketDay Sports, which was easy to rebuild.
I don't lose the programs, just the program data, like accounts in BeeJive messenger and Gmail programs. It's just annoying to reset options when I update the phone, that's all. Now that I know there's no other way, I'll just keep updating and manually resetting everything.
Offline   Reply With Quote