View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
stupidsignupform

Model: 9100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default BIS Account verus Blackberry ID

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there, is anyone able to provide information regarding Blackberry ID's use? I understand that it allows for the App World ID to not be bound to your SIM card, but I thought it was tied to the BIS account settings as well and I had some provider's tech support tell me that was the case but that doesn't appear to be the case.

On the other hand, when I sign in with Blackberry ID on new device last time, I saw some stuff relating to a private email that I had setup with BIS. When I log into the blackberry website with Blackberry ID, there's nothing of us listed there.

Can I get confirmation that Blackberry ID has nothing to do with the BIS accounts?

If that's the case, am I still to log into the provider's site (providername dot blackberry dot net) to setup BIS settings? And that's using another set of credentials? I was pretty sure the rep from service company said BIS accounts were going to be phased out and that I'd have to use Blackberry ID, but I can't see anywhere on the web how to configure my BIS Accounts without using that old URL.

Thanks.

Thanks...
Offline   Reply With Quote