View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 02:28 AM   #11
wangta01
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jminio
The Blackberry 8703e does in fact have a GPS receiver built into it.
Wow, I was not aware of this - I thought this "GPS" on the blackberries was ONLY available via internet/data connection. You're telling me that it has the hardware to be able to navigate WITHOUT a network signal, ie with GPS satellite signal only? Reason I ask is that I'm planning on driving cross country, and was going to buy a TomTom or Garmin (so I don't pull a James Kim, RIP) assuming my BB wouldn't work without signal (many places in the midwest with no reception). You're telling me my bb COULD indeed work in this manner, without network reception?

Thats completely BS! Isn't that a freakin rip off? I'm paying for the freakin technology (its in the phone!), yet am not allowed to use it? Isn't that wrong from a legal perspective?

If i were Chrysler, and I sold you a car with 6 gears for $20 K, I'm guessing you're paying for the costs for me to build ALL 6 gears. What would you think if I suddenly disabled the last gear and said:

"You can only use gears 1-5, you got gear 6 but you can't use it. Oh and by the way, you still have to buy it for $20 K."

That doesn't seem right now does it?
Offline   Reply With Quote