Old 10-31-2017, 02:16 PM   #1
Rolyb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Clssc
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Eastlink
Default BB Classic Latest OS Update Problems

Please Login to Remove!

I updated my Classic OS a couple of days ago and have had nothing but problems since then, specifically with my Blackberry Link on my PC. My BB device takes forever to connect (several minutes) and I was only able to backup my device once. Ever since, after going through "Computing backup data....", I get the message "Backup did not complete. Verify that your device is turned on and connected to Blackberry Link, and try again". The device is connected, and trying again gives the same message every time.
I tried doing a factory reset, and also uninstalling and reinstalling BB Link, but the same thing happens.
Then I tried restoring a previous back-up, but the BB Link hangs up at "Loading the restore software". It seems to be trying, but after 40 minutes I "Cancelled" the operation.
Not being one to give up, I went through the whole operation of uninstalling and resetting again - twice! After the third time I was able to restore a previous backup (not sure why this one worked), but I still cannot backup current data. Also, I can't get BB Link to open automatically when my device is connected, which it should do and always did in the past. And yes, the proper box in Preferences is checked.
I can't help thinking that this is all a problem with the latest OS, which is: OS10.3.3.1435. Any suggestions?
Rolyb
Offline   Reply With Quote