View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 06:01 PM   #10
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: BB Classic Latest OS Update Problems

The encryption I mean is what used to be called content protection. On BB10 it is at Settings > Security and Privacy > Encryption and it can be enable/disabled for device and media card independently. A user should be able to set it on or off unless locked by IT Policy.

The way things have been going, partners aren't doing anything with regard to BlackBerry's devices, which makes sense. I wouldn't expect anything more for or from Link, except for things to gradually get worse until it is unusable.

I've read posts on other forums by people who have no trouble with Link, not even backup, and the consistent factor seems to be they did a clean OS load (with autoloader). I have not done that, and I'm holding off until something worse forces me to do it.

I thought of something else.... I believe the OP mentioned something about slow to connect. Not sure if this will be helpful, but I see the device connect to the computer almost right away. But Link takes a very long time to connect and show media. Occasionally Link won't connect at all, as if it doesn't see the device at all, but restarting the device and restarting the computer seem to fix whatever is glitch has occurred.