rasmith3530
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330m
PIN: Ask
Carrier: US Cellular

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar and Spice
I have a 8330 Curve that I have had for a couple of months. This is my first Blackberry so Ihave a lot to learn. My laptop has Windows XP.

I normally do a sync of my calendar and stuff at least once a week and everything was great. All of a sudden I can not sync. Desktop Manager is not recognizing my device. It says Disconnected.

I am using a USB port and when I plug in my device to my laptop the device battery charges so the issue is not with the USB port. But I did try different ports.

The Connection in Desktop manager says USB.

I have scanned this forum and I see a lot of people have issues with desktop manager and I have tried most of the suggestions which I understood how to try.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Desktop Manager from the CD which is 4.3. I have done this a couple of times and it did not work.

I have tried installing 4.6 with out media manager from the Blackberry site and it still does not work.

I have rebotted my laptop several times.

I pulled the device battery which rebooted the phone and it still does not work.

I have cleared the cache on the device and it still does not work.

Please help!!!!! There is so much I need to learn how to do in Desktop Manager and I can't do anything because it won't recognize my device.
Have you tried re-sending the Service Books? That seems to cure a number of issues with these phones.