View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 07:37 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Remote File Access

Agreed, very confusing. File manager on the BB has two or more views. In the lower left of the screen you will see the 3 lines indicating options. when you open the view it will show device ( the BB) or the name of the computer LINK has been previously connected to. In some cases you can use WIFI to connect to the computer. you can "remotely" connect to a computer that is on and it has been linked to a blackberry via Blackberry ID and is using the pre configured LINK to connect to the Blackberry ID Cloud service.

"By default, devices that you add to BlackBerry Link can access the media and documents libraries on your computer if they are associated with the same BlackBerry ID you use to sign in to BlackBerry Link."

Configure LINK to connect to your BB when connected to you computer.

In the remote file section check to see the computer is listed.
check the files allowed list
in the lower left line on the BB , open and select your computer.
It will connect to the computer vi the internet.

One issue is the amount of data you want to see. I found it can take a long time to show the files on the computer if you go over a few meg.

The bigger issue and one that seems to keep my computer from being seen after I upgraded from windows 7 is Windows 10. As stated on the Blackberry site, windows 10 is NOT supported.

System requirements: BlackBerry Link for Windows - BlackBerry Link for Windows - 1.2.4

Blackberry will probably start windows 10 support sometime in 2025 or 2500

Update,
Rechecked to see if anything has changed and even configuring one small file to remotely view , with windows 10 it does not seem to work. Guess I will wait till 2025 and check.

Last edited by tsac; 12-08-2017 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: update
Offline   Reply With Quote