Old 06-03-2010, 06:26 AM   #32
SmoothRunnings
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 21B694E3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfraser View Post
Memory use was my biggest concern when using 592. I upgraded to .681 as a leaked version a couple of weeks ago and was initially impressed by the big improvement in menory usage. However that has deterioriated over time. Now after a battery pull I am down to 18mb. After the initial install I was 24+ megs. Currently at 2.7mb, three days after a battery pull. On the plus side, I am not getting any warnings about lack of memory, which I got from a 4.6 official release about a year ago. This OS along with 592 lets memory get lower than I ever had before. These OSs must handle memory differently than earlier OSs and not hand off memory until absolutely needed.
After being initially elated about better memory use with .681, it would appear that .681 is no better than .592.
I found another problem with .592, if you listen to MP3s it would automatically switch to the voice activation thingy were it says "please say something now". And if you switched back to your audio by pressing the back arrow it would like the chipmunks. All sound from that point on the BB would be playing in high-speed mode. Too funny!
Offline   Reply With Quote