View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
b52junebug
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Many
Carrier: Corp demo abuser..

On a personal note, I am carrying both and have a company iPad for testing. They are really great for rendering web pages like a laptop, games look good, email is a pain in the you know what. I am constantly typing things wrong, dont have the ability to scroll back through and fix mistakes. so now it takes even longer to fix the fat finger mistakes on either device.

On my iPhone I have to unlock it to make phone calls. The AT&T service is better on the iPad then the iPhone. Probably because it has a bigger antenna.
For the iPad.. Can I get into it faster than booting my laptop? Yes. Can I access corp info? Yes, using citrix so the information doesnt reside on the device. but it takes forever going over the stellar 3G network provided. So then the question becomes why cant Dell or HP make a tablet that works like the iPad.. Oh I know why.. because it wont just run a version of the cell phone OS, it will run full windows which in turn will cause all of the same security protocols as our laptops which take forever to boot because of secuirty protocols.. hmmm

Why are we going down this path people? How easy is it to hack a iPhone and get around the required password? Thats what I want to know. Everyone is talking about how great and wonderful it is and how it is going to be the new norm in business and every vendor that walks in the door shows an iPhone product when they know your a bb shop. WTH?!

Im just ranting about this it irritates me to spend this much money on a consumer device that plays great games and gives me an excuse to surf the net and get around all those pesky internet filters my company has in place. Since you know I cant limit those things on my company issued iPhone..

And dont break it.. now your out $600 dollars and anyone of us know that our employees treat their company owned equipment like it was their own.

Okay I will get off my soap box.