Old 10-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #87
UptownGirl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettochild View Post
So, the specs put the Bold at 5h talk time. With some modest talking, say 2 hours a day, and web surfing/emailing, say again 2 hours, that should off the battery in a day. Isn't that a bit on the "light" side?
OK, so here's my experience so far. I've owned the Blackberry Bold (unlocked Rogers version, using it in the US on AT&T) for almost 3 weeks now. Personally, I found the initial battery life was pretty bad - with moderate email, talking, surfing and playing music, the battery almost totally ran down every day. Taking the advice of other people on these forums, I did two things: 1) I switched off wi-fi as I usually always get a strong 3G signal and only switch it on if I'm somewhere where I can't get 3G) and 2) I upgraded the OS from 4.6.0.125 (Rogers pre-installed) to 4.6.0.147. And voila! battery life is MUCH improved, this last week I've only had to charge the device every 2-3 days. I understand that the new OS 4.6.0.162 has now been officially released which should further help the battery life.

I've never owned the iPhone so I can't compare the two. But in terms of comparison to earlier cell phones I've owned, I think that the battery life is now pretty decent for the Bold. And if you look around these forums, I think you'll see that a lot of us Bold owners feel the same way.
Offline   Reply With Quote