View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 07:56 AM   #1
gjp
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon
Default 7130e new info re: Data Connection Refused

Please Login to Remove!

Just some information I found out this morning re: The Date Refused Connection message that seems to be so popular. It had happened to me the 2nd day with the BB and after 2.5hrs on the phone with out success I decided to swap it out. I had the new unit for a day and then the same message. I just got off the phone with tech support and the guy did say this has been happening to a group of users since launch of the device.

It seems that my Data Refused Connection message started shortly after tethering but I didn't put the 2 together. The support guy had asked me if that was the case. Once I said yes he knew how to fix it. First I had to tether the BB to my laptop open VZ Access Manager then hit control T. A box opened up (I am not technical but almost like DOS prompts). I typed in a code got a message and based on the message he had me type in another code. Do 1 cycle on and off and bingo it worked. He then confirmed there is some sort of software issue going on and if I try to tether again I could end up with the same problem. He suggested I call back in a few days to see if they have done a software upgrade to correct this issue. So now I will be calling customer service to have take that feature taken off and credit me back the 4 days since it is not useful.

Hope this helps some others with the same problem.