View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 12:29 PM   #24
Rolyb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Clssc
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Eastlink
Default Re: Contact Sync with Gmail

Well, I got a (nearly) new (new to me) BB 9810 from ebay. I set it up the way I wanted, but did not restore my old info, for fear of transferring the previous problem to my new BB. It worked fine. So I decided to restore selective files, and that worked and I was able to reboot without a problem. So then decided to take a chance and do a full restore. It worked fine until I tried rebooting, and then, sure enough, the old problem came back: "Uncaught exception: Java.lang.NullPointer Exception" message, and the unit was hung up. So I reinstalled the os and and did a full restore, and now it's fine, but I'm sure if I reboot, the problem will still be there.
Now back to my original problem of not being able to sync my gmail Contacts. When I did my original setup (above), both Calendar and Contacts synced properly. However, now, after restoring the os the first time (above) and now (after the second restoration), my gmail Contacts will not sync, and I have no idea why or how to get them to sync. With respect to the other problem, next time I have to restore the os, I'll only restore selective files, and that should be fine. However, are there any ideas about the sync problem?
Rolyb
Offline   Reply With Quote