Old 05-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
Jaguarr40

Model: 9630
PIN: PM Me & Just Ask
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Post Re: Sound icon on home screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcorcoran View Post
I have a user that has a Blackberry Tour 9630 on Verizon running software version 5.0.519. He has an issue that in handling his Tour he is always opening the sound profile by clicking on the speaker icon on the home screen. It opens and something always gets selected. He isn't doing this on purpose, the trackball keeps landing on the icon and it opens, he clicks and changes are made. Silent may be selected and then he isn't notified of incoming calls, etc... you get the picture.

Is there a way I can make the speaker (sound profile) on the home screen not be a selection like the older blackberries? Is this a theme thing? Does anyone know of a theme I can get that will shut this off?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bobbi
I have truly never heard of something like this going on and I have had my Tour for the 2 years since i'ts intro.

I have the 5 icons on my main doc and of course the speaker icon on the upper left corner. I have never had a problem when I push the trackball as I always have my Contacts icon highlighted in my 5 icins and I have that contact icon as the very first one. It never moves from there unless I move it by using my trackball and this goese for rolling it up to the speaker icon.

One last hing, whatever icin is highlighted including the speaker icon, upon the first press of the trackball or even your escape key to wake the screen nothing is going to be opened up by just doing that until you then press the trackball to select the highlighted icon.

Beta Tester For Bellshare - Apps. Like BerryWeather And Many Other Great BlackBerry Apps.
Offline   Reply With Quote