View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #12
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearwing View Post
I have had this problem start up just yesterday, but the thing is, my screen is totally frozen and won't let me do anything. I have tried a few hard resets, tried backing up and then restoring the playbook (the blackberry device manager still connects to the playbook) and nothing works. I am willing to do a factory reset but obviously cant since the screen doesn't respond to touch. I want to try to wipe it through the command prompt thing, but when I type in the command it doesn't work. I am not very tech savvy, so I guess I will have to send it in to RIM to be fixed. I have only had the thing since Christmas so this is very annoying.....

Anyone have some easy instructions for me to follow to fix this problem????
I don't know what you mean by a hard reset with the PlayBook. Hold the power button until the PlayBook shuts down. Then restart it and see what happens.

You can try a forced OS reinstall. You will lose all data. If you can do a backup with Desktop Manager first, do it. To force the OS reinstall, have the PlayBook connected to Desktop Manager and then reboot it (or in your case, force it to shut down, and then restart it). Desktop Manager will tell you at some point something along the lines of it not being able to communicate with the PlayBook and will give you the option to reload the OS. Select to reinstall the OS and proceed. After the OS is reinstalled and the PlayBook boots, test and see if the problem is fixed.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote