View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 06:37 PM   #23
alib21
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony569 View Post
Just wondering if there's kindred spirits on here.

Went from a common boring flip (after too many years than I care to admit) to a smartphone last week. First choice was an Apple iPhone before being disgusted after a few days and switching to the same BB (8310 Curve) that I got for my gf last Christmas.

My issues....

1) Battery drain was ridiculous. Literally two charges a day. Bought a very-protective case that apparently wasn't also battery-heat-friendly. Even had to cancel the WiFi for damage-control on the battery, which made streaming on YouTube a joke on ATT's current EDGE network.

2) Had to have the the fingers of an anorexic dwarf to make the keypad for texting, email, etc. reasonable. Too many annoying touch-keypad crossovers.

3) Customer-service finger-pointing between ATT & Apple was enough to make a consumer of both seriously contemplate a wrist-slit out of frustration.

4) Ringers? Don't get me started....wow. Stock was predictably lame, and only the best-of-the-best hackers... with alot of free time on their hands....could go there when it came to circumventing iTunes in lieu of taking it in the arse with "approved" songs/ringtones.

So I returned the iPhone and got the same 8310 Curve that I bought my gf for xmas...one of the best decisions I ever made in the tech-spectrum. Might be $15 extra a month on my ATT plan for RIM vs. an iPhone - but well worth it.
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto & Ditto, don't forget about the volume & speakerphone!
I just feel bad, because I jumped on iPhone bandwagon so fast I also convinced my husband and sister to do the same. Happily 2 out of 3 of us are Curve owner's, one of us is waiting for a good deal on a red Curve (anyone know of one, let me know)