View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 10:47 PM   #11
slundy

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Question

Ok, so according to some of the posts folks got it to work. I haven't tried it yet but will when I get back to work on Monday.

We have a 2000 user base where I'm at and instead of just me and another guy doing the support in our region we're going to start showing other techs how to activate devices etc. W/o having to borrow a users' device and pass it around to 12 different people while it's activating, is there a way to do this using the simulator that I can then connect to a TV so they can watch what happens during an activation?

I've used simulators mainly to take screen shots of walkthroughs for our clients on changing their preferences, or date/time settings, and things like that.

We have BES 4.0 running and when I clicked the link in the above post BB says it's not found. I've got all of the simulators from 4.0 to 4.2 on my machine at work, and would like to just to be able to get one device 'activated' and then show the other techs some of the more popular issues myself and my assistant see more often so they can solve or help the client through the issue themselves instead of pulling us away from our own work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I found the link but haven't made enough posts in this forum to enable me to post links....

do a google search for "Blackberry Activation Simulation"

Then click on the 3rd entry, it should have this forum as the first two entries, then an entry from Blackberry.

Unless someone has a better way of doing it, I'm gonna try this one...

Last edited by slundy; 03-16-2007 at 10:55 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote