View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 08:51 AM   #29
mikeytunes@yahoo.com.sg
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: starhub
Default Charging BB

There are several threads discussing this issue. I think most know about BBGURU64's point #1 and agree that if the PC goes into standby the battery life is less.

For the 2nd point there are various conclusions that I have seen.
1) There is no problem charging a dead battery from a USB port of a PC - my experience differs depending on the product. iPOD is not a problem, my BB was.
2) Charge from the wall adapter if you cannot charge from the PC. There is never a problem with this other than carrying a wall adapter for every darn country you travel to
3) use a special cable to take care of this issue for you - dont really want to buy a cable for each of my products.

I have bought a few after market solutions to try to solve these issues but stopped short of buying one for each of my devices. I am pretty happy with the CSQUID solution discussed in various forums. It actually solves both the issues discussed in this forum - charges devices when the PC is in standby and works with dead battery. Bonus was that I could get a device for both my IPOD and blackberry in one cable.....

I got it as a corporate gift (see FREE!) but hear that it is now being sold on Amazon (have not verified this...will let you do it as you see fit!)

thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote