View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
gphantom

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: none
Default No connection to wifi on BB 9000 Bold 'anymore' (no green check)

Please Login to Remove!

I recently got a BB Bold 9000 and I was overjoyed. This is my first wifi phone and I was really looking forward to experience it.

In brief, the wifi on this phone worked for a whole day when I first got this. But on the second day, the wifi seems to connect but not access the internet. That is, I do get wifi in my network scans and I do get connected to it BUT 'there is no green check' in front of the wifi in the Network Connections.

Note that I do not have any data plans or GPRS on this network. I read on the forums that unless the Mobile network is connected to the BB enterprise servers, it cannot connect to Wifi.
-But then, how did my wifi work for two days when I never had any Data plans, nor any GPRS activated on this Mobile network at all. Also, it is an Unlocked phone.

I tried almost everything that are suggested on the forums, including 'battery pull' and manual/automated connections with the Router, with no luck.

Overall -

1 - I do not have any DATA plans, but my wifi worked for some time then why is that? Is there a way to use wifi without having GPRS/DP enabled?

2 - I do not have a green check in front of the wifi, even though it is connected to the Router (the SSID is written in brackets with the wifi).

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Offline   Reply With Quote