MERK350Z
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniesq View Post
Hello all,

I thought that I would share my experience with you as this error is particularly frustrating.

After doing exhaustive research, we embarked on a strategy of implementing the least-complex fixes to the most-complex fixes. We started with the battery pull, then upgraded the OS. Finally, based on what we read in this thread, we decided that we would disassemble the BlackBerry 8330 and check to see if the camera was making contact.

Upon taking apart the 8330 and examining the camera, it was clear that pieces were loose. The camera itself is a basically a small cylinder with a lens on one end that sits in a square-like enclosure. (I tried to include links to some photos of these pieces but this forum blocked me; try a search on MobiShark and BoyGenius Report for photos.) Both the left and right sides of this enclosure had slid up somewhat. In addition, the cylinder-type part was also not making contact with the circuit board. Applying gentle downward pressure with a finger was all it took to return all three parts to their intended places.

After we closed up, we tested the camera and found it to be working perfectly.

My advice is that if you're having this problem and not comfortable taking apart your BlackBerry, that you take it to a repair facility to have someone else do it. However, there are many good video tutorials on YouTube, as well as photo tutorials on Google, that will walk you through the process of taking apart a BlackBerry. Good luck!
one of the issues i was having with my 8300 was when i click on the camera i would get an error and it would close. i took it part and checked everything, but saw nothing wrong . i took a new micor sd card and droped it right in it started right up. did you try a differnt card. i could not belive it was that simple.