View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #12
david_uk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen123 View Post
Well, as I'm now out of contract with vodafone, I get regular calls to see what I want to do. I told them today that I'm waiting til the 9000 is released, and going with whoever offers the best contract for it. The muppet I spoke to hadn't even heard of it, and the only future release info they had was on an 8310 (I may have mis-heard the exact model) which their system said was due out on June 1st.

Surely if Vodafone were gearing up for a first-pickings deal with RIM, they'd be priming people at the sharp end with a basic awareness of the model at the very least. I'm personally hoping to move to O2. Despite being with vodafone for over 12 years, i've always had to threaten to leave before getting anything comparable to other carrier offers, and my loyalty has never been recognised. The only way they'll keep me is if its an exclusive 9000 deal, or they drop their pants on pricing.
Well, I've been with Voda since they started in 1985, which probably says more about my inertia than Voda's compelling customer proposition.

It's clear from trawling BBForums that most if not all carriers suffer from poor product awareness. And the fact that Voda's CS team were unaware of the Bold 24 hours after RIM's announcement doesn't surprise me a bit; after all they're only briefed on products that are already on the system, ie days away from stock.

Like you, I consider migrating at the end of each contract. I evaluate coverage first (I roam frequently and rates and quality vary widely), then pricing. A new handset won't change my life - but a carrier with no coverage when/where I need it could be a disaster. As with so many purchasing decisions, it's the devil you know...
Offline   Reply With Quote