Old 02-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #16
strike2tamu
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity92c View Post
I have been a T-Mobile customer for 6 or 7 years now, and my monthly rate has always been between 150-200. They've made over $10,000 off of me, so cutting a few hundred off a couple phones a few times is hardly dipping into their pockets. It's not my fault you have to take those measures to get the best deals, but why not take them if they're available to you? It's not like I did anything illegal. AT&T really did offer me a better deal, so I wasn't even lying to them. They have a Customer Loyalty department that can offer these kinds of deals for a reason. It's more profitable for them to give this kind of deal to someone that may be considering leaving the company. If they did "call my bluff", then I'd be with AT&T and get a cheaper rate + a bold for the same amount of money. I'd say that's the definition of a win/win for me, right? It's also win for T-Mobile, because now they have me as a customer for another 24 months. Those 24 months will make T-Mobile 3600 bucks.

Your opposition to this is kind of strange to say the least. It's a win/win situation for both sides. Might be time to take a look at it from another angle.
Eh I could have probably gotten 2 "free" 8900's from T-Mobile, but I don't like taking advantage of a company that has provided me with such great service for 7 years...and under 120 bucks for 2 lines, unlimited data on both lines, all unlimited messaging on both lines, 1000 minutes, free nights and weekends, and free mobile to mobile...I have never once gone over my minute usage in the 7 years...I have probably lost service twice during this 7 year period and have no intentions of ever leaving no matter what kind of deal another company offers me(especially at&t)...unless T-Mobile changes and does some really crazy things, which isn't likely. That's my reasoning for not threatening to cancel...no its not illegal...but its not professional either.