View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 11:42 AM   #5
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesTooLz View Post
I just sent off an email explaining how other cariers are selling the same phone with GPS enabled.
Others tried this approach with the 8703e. Didn't work too well for them.

Quote:
I stated that RIM has confermed that the 8830 can use the GPS functionality without using the Verizon network.
So, you lied to them. Interesting tactic, to say the least.

Quote:
I told them to let me know what is going on and if they dont plan on enabling it or if they plan on forcing us to pay for VZ Navigator I will be paying my early cancleation fee and be switch to a carier that dosnt do these things to its customers.
I'm pretty sure they'll gladly take your early term fee, and it's doubtful that you'll be missed very much.

In the end, you screwed up, and you're simply trying to blame Verizon for your failure to research the product you bought.
You weren't mislead by anyone. It was very clear from the beginning that Verizon locked down the GPS in the 8830.
Taking the "strongarm customer" approach with a company like Verizon is only going to cause more stress for yourself and have no effect on the carrier.

If GPS was so critical to you, then you should have done your homework on the subject before plopping down a few hundred bucks on the 8830 with Verizon.
Cut your losses... pay your ETF... and go with Cingular's 8800 or the Sprint 8830 when it's released.

At the very least, please stop whining about the GPS already. It's not going to help anyone.
Offline   Reply With Quote