View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 08:10 AM   #29
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: EUREKA! I think I know how to save RIM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leKing View Post
But couldn't RIM develop an even more secure system where a young child would carry a handset that basically is a GPS-type system where the parent can know at any given time where the child is? The device could have child friendly controls that allow for a call to a parent/guardian or 911 (and a gaming/ipod type feature which can be disabled if a parent needs to discipline - lol). This device would also be relatively inexpensive and known to be rendered useless if in the hands of a bully or any person other than the child . . .?
Contact RIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leKing View Post

RIM could develop a policy whereby they consult a special board to determine what groups/countries they should co-operate with to ensure a strong distribution of mobile handsets and secure networks (ex. in countries where democratic uprisings occur such as Libya or Egypt.)
Ah, and RIM could maintain it's own militia so that when they end up 'co-operating' with the 'wrong' group and that group falls out of power, the RIM militia will be ready to protect the investment.

Better yet, if Apple cooperates with one group, RIM with another and Droid with yet a third, we can just watch all the fun on CNN while they fight it out somewhere in Tripoli. I think this idea is, well, let's call it less than brilliant.

Anyway, you're free to suggest whatever you want to RIM.
Offline   Reply With Quote