View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #31
jnyost
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualsub2006 View Post
That's a joke, right? If not, I would question if you even know what multimedia means. I'm a Moto Droid owner but the iTunes/iPhone combo absolutely blows EVERYTHING else out of the water. You can't manage, explore, consume or download on a mobile media store on -->A N Y<-- Blackberry or Android device like you can on an iPhone.

A VERY large reason why I dumped my Blackberry was it's total and complete failure as a media player. As week as multimedia support is on the Droid it is still a massive step up from the BB.

Blackberry and Android both suffer from the exact same multimedia flaw and that is neither offers the desktop integration, media management or convenient store to buy, rent and download music, movies or TV shows from. Aside from that, neither platform offers anything that even closely resembles the iPod app on the iPhone.

The ONLY people that could POSSIBLY prefer the Blackberry over an iPhone as a media player would be those among us that haven't ever seen the iPhone/iPod Touch. As much as I love my Droid and all that it does for me I keep my 64GB iPod Touch (and now 64GB iPad) for multimedia. Seen them all, and nobody can touch Apple.
I agree that iPod is a little better, but it's not THAT much better. I also have an iPod Touch, but it never gets used. I use my BB for everything. It doesn't lack enough that I feel the need to turn on the Touch.

I'm lost, what's the reason for an iPad? Other than novelty, of course.

Last edited by jnyost; 04-04-2010 at 09:10 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote