View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 10:07 AM   #8
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushako View Post
Well why dont you simply download and install Opera Web Browser on your BB. Based on my personal experience its faster and displays websites almost exactly the same as you see on your desktop. It has this cool feature where it shows you the whole content of a website as you see on a desktop and allows you too zoom in and out on any area you choose...try it..its free
FYI -- BB Browser in 4.5 has this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushako View Post
some people also mentioned that in opera browser you can even do online banking which normally cannot be done on the bb browser..
That depends partially on the banking site and partially on your browser settings. I can use both of my banks online sites without any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvincelli View Post
Hi Sith, I tried switching the Browser to IE, It did not do the trick.
Are you sure you edited the options for the correct browser? After you choose Browser Configuration at the top there's the selection field for the browser: Blackberry Browser, Internet Browser, Media Net (or whatever your carrier calls the WAP browser). Each has its own settings.

Switching my BB browser's emulation to IE seems to bring the "full" WCBS NEWSRADIO 880 - Homepage - WCBS Newsradio 880 site when I use the BB browser. Setting emulation to Blackberry brings up the mobile version. Changing the emulation for the BB browser does not affect my Internet or WAP browsers...

Last edited by takeshi; 08-04-2008 at 10:14 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote