View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 12:00 AM   #4
MrVideo

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: US Cellular
Default Re: Help w/international SIM Card

When I was in the U.K. a couple of years ago, my friend (who lives in the U.K.) and I were going on a road trip through northern Europe.

I ended up getting a T-Mobile SIMM, as that was all we could find on short notice. Worked out good though. It seems that T-Mobile doesn't sell U.K. only SIMMs. Or at least the guy picked up on the mention of the upcoming road trip.

Either way, their SIMM works all over Europe and is a pre-pay, where money is placed into the account via their website. I put in 25 pounds and never used all of that the two weeks we were on the road. Didn't do voice calling. We texted when we went separate ways when visiting certain locations.

In any event, you shouldn't have an issue. I have US Cellular and didn't have to do anything, other than tell the phone that GSM can be used.

Funny thing is that GSM is in my home area and if set to global, GSM is selected before CDMA and the T-Mobile connected and sent me the rates for using it here in the states... OUCH! Needless to say, I quickly reset it for CDMA :D
Offline   Reply With Quote