View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 06:53 AM   #52
machiavell1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2-UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by celios View Post
I am taking this as a positive sign that they will be loading the devices with the latest firmware before they are given to customers.
I doubt that - I can't imagine they will be unpacking, flashing and then repacking literally thousands of handsets. The handsets will be sitting in some warehouse by now if there was ever any meaningful intention of launching this weekend.

Unless of course they had no real intention of releasing it this weekend, were planning on encouraging people into pre-ordering on the basis of a promised launch date, and then holding it back a few weeks. Which would not surprise me.

Have tried now phoning the Voda store that convinced me to cancel my online order and place an in-store order instead on the basis that they would be the first place to get it in the country. Can't get through to them, they have no hold system, only an answering machine and CS are now telling me that because it's an in-store order, I would have to physically go into the store to enquire about my order - they have no record on their system.

*sigh* I am beginning to think that this is going to end badly and that I've been duped by the sales staff at the Experience Store in London.....At least with my online order I was able to check the status with someone and get some realistic (or any) idea of release.

It's always depressing to think that your misgivings about mobile companies and their delivery promises are almost always shown to be right! It would be nice if a company announced a launch and actually stuck to it for once rather than announced a launch, then continually added days and weeks as convenient to generate and maintain hype without having to provide a product.

Anyway, I hope the Storm when it is released eventually does actually live up to the hype.

Last edited by machiavell1; 11-06-2008 at 06:56 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote