View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 08:21 AM   #5
opirrotta

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Default Interesting

Great post above, I have a brand new 7130e with 4.1, and a zoom wireless PCMCIA card bluetooth adapter that is not supported by the XP stack. I can pair my phone, but the only service that works is "audio gateway", which I obviously cannot use to synch. From what I can tell, my bluetooth adapter/driver/software supports serial port connections with other devices, which is the way most pdas and smartphones synch, but my blackberry does not support this for some reason, it seems to use some different method of transfering info with the phone, that my bluetooth device doesn't support. Has anyone else run into this "bluetooth serial port" issue?

I have also noticed that the built in XP drivers seem to only support USB bluetooth device. In reading the bth.inf file, under device section, it only shows "bthusb, usb\" type devices. So, in short I am assuming I cannot update this file with my pcmcia adapter???

It looks like I may be forced to just buy a usb bluetooth adapter that has an approved XP stack driver. Does anyone have any recomemndations?
Offline   Reply With Quote