View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 01:27 PM   #58
duckworth
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Att

So I picked my wife up a Curve yesterday and was prepared to go through the same process to get her hosted google email wired up to the notify server that I had to go through. Her email is on a different domain that is also hosted by google apps. So after trying it a few times just to make sure it was polling an not getting push I called RIM support referencing the ticket from my issue. I had figured that would make the call quick and painless since all the information they needed to fix it would be on my old ticket already. Not so.

The tech I originally had wasn't available so I got a nice lady who was willing to look at the ticket and do the same for my wifes Curve. Well, after an hour of trial and error on her part and getting nowhere, along with her failure in realizing that the point of the ticket was about getting push email and not just getting polled emails, I was getting frustrated. After being on hold for about 15 minutes I got the feeling I was abandoned so I hung up. I called back and got a different tech this time. After about another 20 minutes of explaining the issue in detail, he finally got it and I started getting push email.

I don't know what they have to do behind the scenes but I guess it isn't as straight forward as I thought and if you are unfortunate enough to not get a RIM tech that knows about the details of the issue be prepared for a tough ride.
Offline   Reply With Quote