View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 08:17 PM   #11
9duc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

I have an 8130 on Sprint right now, and am planning on getting the Tour. That said, I just got the Pre for my wife, and must admit that it is a really great phone.

Most of the Pre's shortcomings are seemingly being addressed... The battery life is better with the latest os update; picture zoom and video capability are coming soon; and the app store will certainly get better (its only been a few weeks). The keyboard is definitely cramped, but I've gotten more used to it in the limited amount of time I've handled the phone.

I also agree with the the person above, in that the Pre's browser is really, really good. Or, maybe I'm just used to the crappy BB browser, lol. At least Opera and Bolt for the BB is a little better.

My plan is to get the Tour, and if for some reason I don't like it, I'll exchange it for the Pre (I want to stay on Sprint). I don't think that's likely though, as I'm pretty sure the Tour is gonna be ideal.

I actually wish that RIM would update the current Pearl... Keep the form factor, but throw in a better processor and more memory. But, it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. And for some reason, I really don't like the flip.

Anyway, just thought I'd offer another opinion on the Pre.
Offline   Reply With Quote