View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 12:26 AM   #1
JG in SB
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Default NextAction Task Application - Can Anyone Tell Me If It Works Well?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I am a new BlackBerry user and I am in love with the device with the exception of one thing: the extremely limited tasks application.

Let's face it, the BlackBerry tasks applicatioon is terrible. And it will not even sync correctly with my tasks in Outlook.

I used to use Palm and Windows Mobile devices and there were many choices for 3rd party task managers that worked beautifully and did not require you to double-enter your taks. They got their data either straight from Outlook, or from the native tasks application, but then provided far better features than the native application.

I was stunned to see that there are almost no application like this for the BlackBerry.

One application I found is something called "Next Action". It is expensive, and there is no way to download a trial version, or even user documentation for it to figure out if it is going to do what I want it to do before I pay roughly $50.00 for it.

Is there anyone out there that uses this application and can provide some feedback about it?

Specifically, does it:
  • Accurately sync with Exchange/Outlook as claimed
  • Allow you to set low/regular/high prioirties and sync these to Outlook
  • Allow input of notes for tasks and sync these with Outlook
  • Sync over any reminders you have set on your Outlook tasks

Any information, positive or negative about this software would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!