Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 04:29 AM   #1
ericarreza

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: etisalat
Post Just got my BB9780 back!!

Please Login to Remove!

thanks to the chinese technician who fixed my phone for only 2hours..
i accidentally dropped my BB9780 in the water while we're fishing. unfortunately BB Services will not accept BB repairing if the phone got water damage.

why are they offering services but with exemption like water damage? i mean, their the one who made this smart phones, great phones for me but its like they just want us to buy and buy their products while not trying to fix it for us. if other people/shop can do something/ways with this problem then why are they not helping BB users to bring our phones back?? i also tried some Indian technician but they just told me that they cannot fix it anymore and that they need to change the motherboard, etc... which will cost around 700-900 dirhams. a thought came to my mind that maybe they only wants me to pay a big amount of cash coz the chinese technician only asked 100 dirhams for the services. very far from 700-900 dirhams right? well, it's just a thought or maybe they just dont know how to find ways on how to save my BB.

back to BB services, still want to know the real reason.. can anyone pls tell me?

SMART PHONES = GREAT PHONES = DISPOSABLE???
Old 01-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Just got my BB9780 back!!

Why are you asking us? It seems fairly obvious - dropping a phone in water destroys both the phone and the warranty. Once you violate the warranty, no one is obligated to fix it (for free) for you.

SMART USERS = DON'T DROP A PIECE OF ELECTRONICS IN THE WATER AND EXPECT A FREE REPAIR
Old 01-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

And don't be a racist prig.

I spend 1000-2000 Dirhams every night when I'm in Dubai, so 700 to fix my precious BlackBerry wouldn't faze me. That said, with a 9780, I'd just buy a new 9900 instead of fixing it.

Also, don't be racist.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
ericarreza

i'm not asking for free services.. i'm just looking for someone or any shop that i can depend on. and water damage is not just by dropping your phone in the water, humid or even moisture in different places can cause water damage. even if i will buy again another BB then it's still not safe for people like me that is always expose outside. i live in a place where the weather is totally opposite from dubai.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
ericarreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
And don't be a racist prig.

I spend 1000-2000 Dirhams every night when I'm in Dubai, so 700 to fix my precious BlackBerry wouldn't faze me. That said, with a 9780, I'd just buy a new 9900 instead of fixing it.

Also, don't be racist.
well, BB9900 is a good one too.. i'd love to have one soon.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

You will have the same problem with any cell phone, PC, tablet, any electronic device. Cut your loses and don't take them into damp places or better yet, don't buy any!

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
ericarreza

AND MY QUESTION IS NOT YET ANSWERED! LOL

what i'm asking here is THE REASON WHY THEY WILL NOT REPAIR..
it's not about the MONEY and WARRANTY.

does it mean, they don't sell parts for BB if it gets damaged? like LCD and MOTHERBOARD?

just curios, that's all. then i can understand why they dont offer services for water damage..
Old 01-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

WHY DON'T YOU ASK THE REPAIR COMPANIES.
NO ONE HERE IS ASSOCIATED WITH RESEARCH IN MOTION (THE BLACKBERRY COMPANY) OR ANY REPAIR COMPANIES.
THIS IS A VOLUNTEER RUN FORUM.

Did that answer your question?
Old 01-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #9
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericarreza View Post
well, BB9900 is a good one too.. i'd love to have one soon.
If you're on holiday, just buy one whilst you're there. Dubai is much less expensive than anywhere else in the Gulf for mobiles.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #10
ericarreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
WHY DON'T YOU ASK THE REPAIR COMPANIES.
NO ONE HERE IS ASSOCIATED WITH RESEARCH IN MOTION (THE BLACKBERRY COMPANY) OR ANY REPAIR COMPANIES.
THIS IS A VOLUNTEER RUN FORUM.

Did that answer your question?
not yet but you did gave suggestion! :D
know why i'm asking this question here? coz i just found this link from the web while i was browsing, and there's this 1 person who posted this link saying that this is a good site to gather answers regarding with the BB Phones, so i tried..

btw, thanks!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #11
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Water can damage too many different parts over different time periods. I know of no electronic device with a warranty that also covers water damage.

Moisture destroys electronics.

That is your answer.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 01-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #12
AnuMudholkar

Carrier: Airtel

Hi!

I dropped my blackberry 9780 into water and took it out! I dried the battery and the phone in the sun for about an half an hour and as soon as I put it back in, there was a red light that came on for some time and went off.

So I gave my phone for repair and the people said that my motherboard has crashed and would have to buy a new one.

Is there any other way to fix my phone? When I put the battery back inside, the red light blinks twice and pauses, twice and pauses. This also happens when I plug my phone to the computer. However the phone does not turn on.

I gave my phone for repair a week ago and first they said my phone was repaired and at the last moment they said that the motherboard has crashed and therefore my bb cannot be fixed. I don't know if I should believe them but I just want to be sure if there is no other way to fix it.

Please help. Thanks
Old 01-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #13
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

1 - If the BlackBerry was recoverable, you blew it by putting the battery back too soon, before it was fully dry. The half hour in the sun wasn't enough. For future reference, see blackberryfaq.com.

2 - Water damage is typically not repairable, or no worth trying to repair. The BlackBerry may be totaled, and even if the device can be made to work, other problems caused by the liquid exposure begin to develop later.

Buy another device.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 01-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #14
ericarreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnuMudholkar View Post
Hi!

I dropped my blackberry 9780 into water and took it out! I dried the battery and the phone in the sun for about an half an hour and as soon as I put it back in, there was a red light that came on for some time and went off.

So I gave my phone for repair and the people said that my motherboard has crashed and would have to buy a new one.

Is there any other way to fix my phone? When I put the battery back inside, the red light blinks twice and pauses, twice and pauses. This also happens when I plug my phone to the computer. However the phone does not turn on.

I gave my phone for repair a week ago and first they said my phone was repaired and at the last moment they said that the motherboard has crashed and therefore my bb cannot be fixed. I don't know if I should believe them but I just want to be sure if there is no other way to fix it.

Please help. Thanks
in my case, i didn't try to switch on my mobile coz i already knew that i need to dry it up for 2-3days. and i just let the technician fix my mobile.