BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
Nostalgie

Model: 7290
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation Updating 7290 Fimware to 4.1 on Macbook??

Please Login to Remove!

Hey everyone,
Hope this is an ok place to post...Im new so forgive me haha. Anyway, So, Im giving BB a second chance, my first few I think I just got "lemons" both 7100's...So I picked up a 7290 (T-Mobile)...Im pretty versed in BB by now, but am having trouble updating my 7290 to 4.1 software...Im using a Macbook, and have Pocketmac installed, which works fine for installing software, theres little corners I have to cut if I download .exe files, so Im using CrossOver for Mac, and then pulling the .als files etc so I can install them on my 7290...So, I downloaded the 4.1 software upgrade, and Crossover is just not installing it onto my comp like normal, Im not sure why, but its getting annoying, I tried looking in the "contents" of the .exe file but to no avail. I can think of 2 solutions, one, if someone has the 4.1 upgrade file already "extracted" from the .exe, that they can e-mail so I can install it via Pocketmac, that would work best Im guessing, or, two, someone has a good suggestion I just havent figured out! (Im not 100%, but Im guessing I can do this upgrade install from my 7290 itself?)
Thanks in advance for any help!!
Bryan
Old 04-16-2007, 04:30 PM   #2
boosting1bar
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cingular

Check my post below about using VMWare's Fusion software. It's a virtualization solution from VMWare that actually works (as opposed to Parallels) with Blackberries for installing/syncing/etc. That's how I updated the software on my 8100 and others have said it recognizes the other models as well.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:01 PM   #3
Nostalgie

Model: 7290
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosting1bar View Post
Check my post below about using VMWare's Fusion software. It's a virtualization solution from VMWare that actually works (as opposed to Parallels) with Blackberries for installing/syncing/etc. That's how I updated the software on my 8100 and others have said it recognizes the other models as well.
Im familiar with Fusion, but, I dont have a copy of Windows, or access to a copy...or Id have no problem using it, Ive used Parallels in the past as well as Bootcamp. Quite simply, I have no copy of Win, and I guess I dont know where to go from here....?

PS- Ive also tried CrossOver, which doesnt work either.
Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:55 PM   #4
boosting1bar
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cingular

Yeah I've had slim to no success with Crossover for any of the apps I've tried with it. Great idea in theory, hopefully they'll get the bugs worked out.
Closed Thread